Starting at 1:00 pm at Queen’s Park
Assembly Location: Queen’s Park – In front of the Ontario Legislature Building (located by Queen’s Park Crescent West & University Avenue)
- Start Time: 1:00 pm
- The March for Jobs, Justice and the Climate will have 4 contingents. Click here to learn more! The graphic below shows the assembly order for the 4 contingents at 1pm.
- We will march down University Ave from Queen’s Park
- Turn left onto Dundas Street
- Turn left onto Jarvis Street and end at Allan Gardens.
- To find out about the March Order, click here.
Notes on Accessibility:
- Nearest Accessible TTC Stop – Queen’s Park
- If you’re taking the Bloor-Danforth Subway line, keep in mind that there will be no service between St. George & Pape stations until noon on July 5th. For more information, visit the TTC website.
- There will be accessibility vehicles that can transport people with reduced mobility the length of the march on hand at Queen’s Park
- Other questions about accessibility? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
End Location: The march will end at Allan Gardens, a park relied on by many homeless and poor people. Through its storied history, it has been a site of struggle between two visions: a heavily-policed space for the exclusive use of the rich, or a vibrant public area for cultural expression, political dissent and recreational use by all. The march organizers stand by the second vision, and insist that a society that abandons its most impoverished people will never respect the environment or sustainably manage natural resources.To learn more about the historical significance of Allan Gardens as a space for political mobilization in the city, click here.
- End of March Celebrations: 4:00 pm – 6:30 pm
- We will end with a community block party to celebrate the end of the March and resilient, just solutions to the climate crisis. Details will be announced soon.